LGBT Pavee Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LGBT Pavee Support Group

A forum for LGBTQ members of the Irish Travelling and Roma Community, those that support there right of expression and wish to construct a way to mediate between the community, culture and sexual identity.Feel free to chat, commune, seek and give advice.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Travellers helping gay travellers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Guiney
Sroidʹan lask
Sroidʹan lask
Guiney

Travellers helping gay travellers Empty
PostSubject: Travellers helping gay travellers   Travellers helping gay travellers EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 10:56 am

i recently heard a comment from someone i know in passing about this site. they dont know im on it but was amazed to hear that word gets around lol it was good words too which was a relief as more and more people are starting to see being who we are as nothing more then an every day thing now. yes we have some that hold onto the old ways for everything and think were ill but no the people are changing and most for the better.

i was wonderin how many organisations for travellers here in ireland have work on gay traveller issues? or ahve gay treaveller representives? i doubt many as theres not much out but just in case?

I hope in the future this changes Smile plus i also know the admin guys do everyhing from there own pocket so havent much cash for advertisin and such so any travel they do to see people or workshops (not sure if everyone else heard about the training for the helpline) is great. nice to see the community spirit and not just doing it cos its a job anyways funding i hope will eb found at some stage or at least having someone working with the HSE would be a great thing as far too many people kill themsevles or live horrible lives out of all this silliness

so ya this is my rant lol
Back to top Go down
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

PostSubject: Re: Travellers helping gay travellers   Travellers helping gay travellers EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 5:24 pm

well that is good, yeh the word is getting around and thats good about this site. Many gay travllers out there lurking huh?
Back to top Go down
Karavan_casey
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: Travellers helping gay travellers   Travellers helping gay travellers EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 10:53 am

I'm surprised that this initiative (can I call it that?) hasn't being taken under the wing of any of the larger Traveller organisations as its obviously needed and doing a lot of good work (well... I think so anyway) sexual things are so taboo but I hope its not stopping people from helping each other.

I've being busy the last few weeks but did a small bit of checking about (what can I say I'm curious) and the group is registered with the ITM: Irish Traveller Association as an associative member (GREAT!) but PaveePoint had no idea we existed or word just didn't get to its beautiful sounding secretary.

Its nice to have it done voluntarily as that shows a lot of spirit but I'd be a bit worried that people their lives and general stuff might get in the way of it all so I'd love for this to have itself some sort of permanent role or place in our continuing progression as a community after all we are members of it and need our needs incorporated into the policies and practices of the bigger picture.

Like Guiney my rant is also over Smile hehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Travellers helping gay travellers   Travellers helping gay travellers Empty

Back to top Go down

Travellers helping gay travellers
Page 1 of 1