LGBT Pavee Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LGBT Pavee Support Group

A forum for LGBTQ members of the Irish Travelling and Roma Community, those that support there right of expression and wish to construct a way to mediate between the community, culture and sexual identity.Feel free to chat, commune, seek and give advice.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Know any out travellers

Go down 
+5
Jmcdonagh
gaytraveller66
Yadneverguess
LondonTraveller
Paveepride
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Paveepride
Sarog
Sarog

Know any out travellers Empty
PostSubject: Know any out travellers   Know any out travellers EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:06 am

Do people know any out travellers? Being asking about and I think the Admin is and I heard of two guys here in Athlone and another two up the north. Also a lesbian in Tullamore. But Im wondering if theres many more out.out there? (Without names as itd be murder) i know one owns a shop in town.hard to even talk to him as id be a bit afraid of being guilty by assosiation, you know?
With traveller inclusion itd be nice to see travellers activly involved with other groups. Supporting traveller causes and being vocal about traveller issues (and there serious issues) in places where theres no mention at all! This site could and I hope will change lives! If you dont know any would you ever come out?
Back to top Go down
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

PostSubject: Re: Know any out travellers   Know any out travellers EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 2:26 pm

im out 2 some and not out to sum, surviaval instict, everyone has 2 makes there only choices. it is so stupid to say everyone shud be out when if they did come out they cud lose there lifes. U havnt said that evryones shud be out, but some ppl do say that and they have no fuckin idea, nice post tho mr
Back to top Go down
Yadneverguess
Sarog
Sarog
Yadneverguess

PostSubject: Re: Know any out travellers   Know any out travellers EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 2:37 pm

London i totally agree answers black and white dont work when lifes in full colour! Think its something best done slowly at our own pace. Think its great though that some are out its better then none and shows a real change
Back to top Go down
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

PostSubject: Re: Know any out travellers   Know any out travellers EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 2:56 pm

Yad, yeh thats wot i think 2. In time out travellers will be alrite, but we r just at the start of all that, pioneers in anyway we can, but not forgettin our own personals happiness n life if that makes sense lol
Back to top Go down
Yadneverguess
Sarog
Sarog
Yadneverguess

PostSubject: Re: Know any out travellers   Know any out travellers EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 3:20 pm

Totally. I think its brave and all (genuine do) but il not be sacraficing myself for the principle of being out. Well... Not now anyways. Who knows yrs latr we might look back at this and see the change
Back to top Go down
gaytraveller66

PostSubject: your traveller pride you will not hide being gay shuld be the same   Know any out travellers EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 8:57 am

hey guys i got sent this link by a friend and i said i would have a look and see whats happening, i myself was brought up in one of the largest traveller estates in ireland the bullring tralee and i know that they where alot of gay travellers living there, but most got married and lived unhappy lives and some commited suacide and then they where the very small few like myself that got away from that life and became happy..alot of young travellers today are taking there own lifes becuase they dont no where to turn for help that is why i have set up a bebo page and chat site for gay travellers
and people who would like to meet gay travellers (http://www.bebo.com/gaytravellers) also (http://gaytravellers.ning.com/) the chat site was only set up so its abit quite for now..but if yourselfs are anyone you know want to add me on bebo then your more then welcome to..also there are aproximatly 7,500 gay travellers in the republic of ireland alone so where not alone..
Back to top Go down
Jmcdonagh
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: Know any out travellers   Know any out travellers EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 12:30 pm

Hi gaytraveller66. Thanks 4 the link!il gve it a luk into :-) tho think here is enough for me as iv two mates on it an the bakground support is great an the main traveler groups no and support it2. Hope ya stay as the mre the merrier! Wish ur site the best tho :-)
Back to top Go down
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

PostSubject: Re: Know any out travellers   Know any out travellers EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 4:28 pm

gaytravller66 that is a good post, ill check out yer sites. the more sites means more support n hope for gay travellers, that is good work ur doin
Back to top Go down
The_prince
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: Know any out travellers   Know any out travellers EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 10:48 am

It is! The people comin after us will fel the difference (how wrong does
That sound haha) but ya more help cant harm :-)
Back to top Go down
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

PostSubject: Re: Know any out travellers   Know any out travellers EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 1:22 pm

so, if u know any gay travellers, how do u know or is it an assumption
Back to top Go down
Guiney
Sroidʹan lask
Sroidʹan lask
Guiney

PostSubject: Re: Know any out travellers   Know any out travellers EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 2:50 pm

Bet some of it is assumption but ya theres totally a few gay travellers out there! I know one married guy that people talk a lot about because of some drunken antics. Seein as we usually get married at such a young age I can only but wonder of how many of us are with people and horribly unhappy.
Back to top Go down
gaytraveller66

PostSubject: Re: Know any out travellers   Know any out travellers EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 7:48 am

hey guys well according to the statistics its not far wrong, but not accurate, i know about 40 gay travellers in london alone and alot from cork, kerry and dublin that i have met in clubs, pubs and on chat sites, like gaydar, bebo and twitter over the years,so there is alot of gay travellers out there,its just finding out who they are..a;ot of travellers cant use internet and alot won't go to gay bars or clubs so alot are still very in the closet and confuseds as they have no where to turn, there's 2 traveller men in london that have lived together for over 20 years and i know thease guys personnaly..
Back to top Go down
moniker
Sroidʹan lask
Sroidʹan lask
moniker

PostSubject: Re: Know any out travellers   Know any out travellers EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:54 am

Fantastic insght an great news :-)
Back to top Go down
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

PostSubject: Re: Know any out travellers   Know any out travellers EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:51 pm

gaytraveller66, pls let me know the contact details of these 40 travellers in London yeh? mobile number is cool lol

seriouslyt tho, wot is the story behind the 2 gay travellers thts been together 4 20 yrs?? Can u tell us more?
Back to top Go down
larry ward

PostSubject: gay travellers   Know any out travellers EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:47 am

i know a lot of gay travellers, many have choosen to marry as a way of cover up, which to me is sad but there choice ,

Only a few have had the guts to come out. and fair play to them.

As for me it was very hard to come out but i did at a very young age of 15teen, times were different then, travellers thoughts was different and ways of life also different.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Know any out travellers   Know any out travellers Empty

Back to top Go down

Know any out travellers
Page 1 of 1