LGBT Pavee Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LGBT Pavee Support Group

A forum for LGBTQ members of the Irish Travelling and Roma Community, those that support there right of expression and wish to construct a way to mediate between the community, culture and sexual identity.Feel free to chat, commune, seek and give advice.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How much does being a gay traveller effect your life?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Guiney
Sroidʹan lask
Sroidʹan lask
Guiney

How much does being a gay traveller effect your life? Empty
PostSubject: How much does being a gay traveller effect your life?   How much does being a gay traveller effect your life? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 3:52 pm

I was reading a post and LondonTraveller said that being gay an being a traveller were small parts of his life. I was wondering who else feels this way?

think bein a traveller effects my life in huge ways! From where I go (or cant) to many of the ways i do things and look at them. Even th way i dnt feel like i totaly fit in on either community. Same with being gay. Its only a little thing but it means ill never have the weddin my parents want an chances ar will not have a child etc.

So just wondering how much does being gay and a traveller effect your life?
Back to top Go down
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

PostSubject: Re: How much does being a gay traveller effect your life?   How much does being a gay traveller effect your life? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 3:56 pm

obviously being gay n a traveller r big issues both to me and everyone else

wot i was sayin is BE BIGGER THAN YER LABLES

ie, dont look to limit yerself with labels by being a traveller or gay, the key ( for me) is to be ME regardless of where i come from
Back to top Go down
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

PostSubject: Re: How much does being a gay traveller effect your life?   How much does being a gay traveller effect your life? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 4:03 pm

not easy to do m8, but it is do able
Back to top Go down
Guiney
Sroidʹan lask
Sroidʹan lask
Guiney

PostSubject: Re: How much does being a gay traveller effect your life?   How much does being a gay traveller effect your life? EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 4:12 pm

I think thats an excellent way to look at it all!
How do ya think in your own way has it all influenced ya?

I think in a way my educationw as effectd too. Travellers see education as the way forward but the old ways die hard an most her drop out to go to youtrh reaches and trainin centres as it brings in a lot of money when most have none. yes education goes on but its not mainstreme so people rarly move beyond that. ya know?

Despit my issues qith who i am where im from and who my people r id never change thos things. as i think this is exactly who im meant to be Smile
Back to top Go down
moniker
Sroidʹan lask
Sroidʹan lask
moniker

PostSubject: Re: How much does being a gay traveller effect your life?   How much does being a gay traveller effect your life? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 9:51 am

A lot. Itd be way too much to go in2! But ya bth labels effct my life deeply
Back to top Go down
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

PostSubject: Re: How much does being a gay traveller effect your life?   How much does being a gay traveller effect your life? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:35 pm

moniker, i agree with u m8, i feel the same

in hindsight, its affected me a lot too, wouldnt know where to begin, its a big question aint it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much does being a gay traveller effect your life?   How much does being a gay traveller effect your life? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much does being a gay traveller effect your life?
Page 1 of 1