LGBT Pavee Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LGBT Pavee Support Group

A forum for LGBTQ members of the Irish Travelling and Roma Community, those that support there right of expression and wish to construct a way to mediate between the community, culture and sexual identity.Feel free to chat, commune, seek and give advice.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Herbal pick me ups.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Suibleen
Sarog
Sarog
Suibleen

Herbal pick me ups. Empty
PostSubject: Herbal pick me ups.   Herbal pick me ups. EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 4:21 pm

Someone here obviously knows there herbs and older ways so I'm wondering if theres any herbal mixture to make you feel better? I thankfully dont really suffer from depresssion, but like everyone feel blue once in a while - any suggestion (besides a good man lol) to help shake away the cobwebs and get me back to the sunshine?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Griwog
Sarog
Sarog
Griwog

Herbal pick me ups. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Herbal pick me ups.   Herbal pick me ups. EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 3:02 pm

I second the suggestion of a good man lol

Traditional herbal remedies are one of my biggest passions – after all before the easy access to medical care Pavees needed to have a deep understanding of nature, how to cure and how to make it through the hard times – this is one of my favourites and works very well.

Soul refreshing tonic

Taken as a soul-refreshing tonic for fear, emotional pain, melancholy, depression and for calming nerves.

St. John's Wort leaves and blossoms
90 proof alcohol (I usually use vodka though, as it's so much easier – the gran uses whiskey but I think it's just lethal!)

Get three large handfuls of St Johns Wort flowers, cover with 90 proof alcohol. Steep for one moon cycle (28 days) in a dark place. (Or a week, which I usually do and it works well for me) Shake every third day. After one moon (or week) strain the contents through a gauze cloth and fill dark dropper bottles. Close lid tightly. Take 10 to 20 drops daily. (or a small swig)

In tune with the older Celtic traditions I was recommended to gather the fresh shoots of St. John's Wort between the summer solstice and St. John's Day (June 21 and June 24) at sunrise – but I'm sure we can use them at any time.

I really do hope you feel better soon
Back to top Go down

Herbal pick me ups.
Page 1 of 1