LGBT Pavee Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LGBT Pavee Support Group

A forum for LGBTQ members of the Irish Travelling and Roma Community, those that support there right of expression and wish to construct a way to mediate between the community, culture and sexual identity.Feel free to chat, commune, seek and give advice.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol

Go down 
+3
moniker
midlands
1of-dem
7 posters
AuthorMessage
1of-dem
G'al
G'al

hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol Empty
PostSubject: hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol   hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:16 pm

my friend is coming down from belfast on the same weekend as the meeting,, i dont want to have to miss the meeting, but i also dont want to alienate my firend while she is down..

as most people on this forum are a little concerned about showing their identity , i just want to ask everyone who will be at the meeting if there will be a problem with me bringing a friend.,

if it is a problem i will respect your wishes.

let me know either way..

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
midlands
Sarog
Sarog

hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol Empty
PostSubject: Re: hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol   hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 2:59 am

anyone else fhnd the word faghag a bit insultin to frhends? not that it was meant that way. no problems with settled or not but if there not involvd not sure should they be there. you can clearly stand your own ground , were just gettin things workin and to be honest id feel on show. Bet others will find it off putting
Back to top Go down
moniker
Sroidʹan lask
Sroidʹan lask
moniker

PostSubject: Re: hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol   hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 4:08 am

id agre with midlands 4 1nc. no ofence tho hope she woudnt mind an 1 r 2 away 4rm ya if she dint come. just how i feel on the mater. whats evr1 else think? mods? admin?
Back to top Go down
gayandafraid
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol   hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 5:37 am

Up to ye. personally i dont mind nor care what community she is from as this is open to anyone. i would however like and much prefer the people there to be invlved here as like said abov really dont want to be onview. if you no what i mean?
Back to top Go down
1of-dem
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol   hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:22 am

faghag is not an insult midlands, id never insult anyone,,however its a commonly used phrase among gay people, are you really tellling me you never used the word,,,anyway shhe prides herself in being a "faghag"..

but on the note of bringing her to the meeting,, i respect your thoughts on this issue, if i didnt i wouldnt have made a thread for it..

i wont bring her to the meeting as people are still a little precautious at this stage.

however for future reference, i dont think that anyone is going to be on show with whoever is there..

also midlands you have told us yourself your an out gay man, what would be on show that you have not already willingly shown to others..

anyway im certainly not looking for a dispute here and i totaly respect your thoughts on this guys.
i was ust stuck with a friend from belfast who will be staying with me that weekend,.,

moniker your right, im sure an hour or two alone wont kill her lol.
Back to top Go down
Paddyindublin
Sarog
Sarog
Paddyindublin

PostSubject: Re: hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol   hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 8:47 am

Out or not people often feel sensitive and very self aware at meetings like this, not sure where midlands stands on this respect but its clean he wouldnt be comfortable. I hope in time this topic can come up again as any genuine friend or those interested should be there. Well, within reason anyways. Its a part of what this is all about: bringing us out from hiding and something thats being suggested by admin and mods. Tho for now i get it as people need the time to settle and connect as equals with the same understandings. Have to say much respect for asking, shows genuine concern for the feeling and place of other people.
Back to top Go down
midlands
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol   hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 9:12 am

1. i said in a general question about did anyone find faghag as insulting *not* that you ment it that way. Feel free to reread my post as it wasnt at you on your on. Was on queerid and read a mesage about people finding it insulting. Was just asking as we ourselvs know that even common words on the scene can be hurtful. 2. Being out dosnt mean I wouldnt feel on view. This is a suport group for glbt travelers and id feel v exposed talking beside an unknown country girl that isnt at al involved with us. Just how I feel on the mater. 3. Hanu. prince and minstrel. can we draw up guidelines for future meetìngs at the next one?
Back to top Go down
1of-dem
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol   hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 9:41 am

i understand where your coming from midlands, but you must remember i always had the interest of the group at heart when i informed everyone of my thoughts on bringing a friend,.

she wont be coming as i have taken on what you all have said and i will respect that.

but i also think that in regards to guidlines,,you cant exclude peer support when the basic premise of this site is gay travelller support.peers dont have to be travellers,,
some of the best support i have gotten in life was from settled people.

so i also think some guidlines should be drawn up, but bare in mind excluding settled people that help travellers is not the way to go..

also just for your information midlands, there is a settle person on this forum..

anyway,,as i said earlier,,my friend is not coming,,,so as i see it this thread and its thoughts have reached a resolution.

motion passed lol

peace
Back to top Go down
midlands
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol   hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 11:01 am

Case closed or not dont ye think its a great oppertunhty to see where we all stand. im well aware we have a settled person here. i think its great and have heard shes a amazing women if ye reread that post to... i said involved rather then just anyone. For now anyways until things settle in. guidelines might help us sort out any other unmentioned issues to
Back to top Go down
PaveePrince
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol   hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 11:09 am

i.m definatly grand with you bringin your friend 1ofthem, i.ll just call and make sure enough coffee and tea are ordered. Whatever makes ya comfortable to be there, i am aware some need more support than others so for your first meetin i.m sure our members are understandin enough too accommodate your request.
Back to top Go down
midlands
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol   hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 12:37 pm

Sounds like we will really need to talk these topics through at the meeting. Hanu told me last week that you all should have no problem , I disagred then and now , Prince I know your a moderator on here but as a member of the group I am calling for this to be discused and voted on before things like this happen.
Back to top Go down
PaveePrince
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol   hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 1:05 pm

i.ll be bringin a complete list of topics with me that arose since our last meeting. However midlands if your not comfortable with settled people attending for members to feel a sense of "not alone", then i.m sure hanu might consider a meeting with only travellers that may not need outside support.
Back to top Go down
midlands
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol   hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 2:07 pm

Clearly youv al made this choice wìthout a vote. Fine by me!! I dont have messages at the mo but when i do im goin to contact people so that we can have our own get together members only if they want it to. one where wer not on show
Back to top Go down
1of-dem
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol   hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 3:45 pm

ok guys,
i see this has gone off on a tangent, a negative one at that.

as i said earlier midlands, my friend will not be attending. as for a decision being made without a vote,,what decision, what vote. i posted this thread as a question to see if anyone has a problem with me bringing someone to support me.

firstly, i am travelling from galway, a long drive alone,
secondly, this is the first meeting of the sort and there is a little bit of nervs involved so a person to come with would have been helpfull.
finally i will reiterate what i said earlier. she is not coming.
so please, leave this issue rest, you have nothing to fear, certainly not going to be "on show"

paveeprince, thank you for the welcoming of my friend to the meeting, but as it is only causing friction i will not bring her.
i just hope that any settled friend, partners, coleagues or activists that see this negative responce feel as though they are being excluded from pressing forward on an issue of human rights. this forum is for support for travellers that are gay. support from settled people has been evident for years..

anyway,,as it is my post, and as it is my friend the issue is about..
id like to finish this conversation and discussion.

she wont be coming. relax.
Back to top Go down
Guiney
Sroidʹan lask
Sroidʹan lask
Guiney

PostSubject: Re: hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol   hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 4:10 pm

midlands r u serious? read the site header it says glbtq travelers and those that support them. sounds like ur angry at somethin bigger then the topic. i think ths ends this as we shouldnt fed it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol   hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol Empty

Back to top Go down

hey,would anyone have a problem if i brought a setteld person to the next meeting, she is a girl and an ultimate fag hag lol
Page 1 of 1