LGBT Pavee Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LGBT Pavee Support Group

A forum for LGBTQ members of the Irish Travelling and Roma Community, those that support there right of expression and wish to construct a way to mediate between the community, culture and sexual identity.Feel free to chat, commune, seek and give advice.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Offensive words!

Go down 
+3
Guiney
LondonTraveller
PaveePrince
7 posters
AuthorMessage
PaveePrince
G'al
G'al

Offensive words! Empty
PostSubject: Offensive words!   Offensive words! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 2:00 pm

Faggot or Knacker?

To me they are the most offensive words ya could call me, but is it better to be labeled a knacker by a Setteled person (buffer) or a Faggot by one of our own (pavee)??

i think for me id be more offended that a buffer would call me a knacker because id tend to put a traveller calling me a faggot down to lack of insight!
Back to top Go down
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

Offensive words! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offensive words!   Offensive words! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:41 pm

i dont get offended by names to be honest. Ive had some acquaintes say to me, oh i hear u r a pikey

and i just smile, and say yeh thats rite

i think maybe its because my family is very contradicrty, in that, some of me familiys have been v successful money wise n business wise, and ppl expect pikeys to have nothin or to be nothin than scavengers. so when someone calls me a pikey , i usually smile in me self, because the person sayin it is ignorant and no nothin about me, thats it. Someone call me a faggot, well it aint happened yet, and it wud mean nothin to me as an supposed insult
Back to top Go down
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

Offensive words! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offensive words!   Offensive words! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:41 pm

i dont get offended by names to be honest. Ive had some acquaintes say to me, oh i hear u r a pikey

and i just smile, and say yeh thats rite

i think maybe its because my family is very contradicrty, in that, some of me familiys have been v successful money wise n business wise, and ppl expect pikeys to have nothin or to be nothin than scavengers. so when someone calls me a pikey , i usually smile in me self, because the person sayin it is ignorant and no nothin about me, thats it. Someone call me a faggot, well it aint happened yet, and it wud mean nothin to me as an supposed insult
Back to top Go down
Guiney
Sroidʹan lask
Sroidʹan lask
Guiney

Offensive words! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offensive words!   Offensive words! EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 9:19 am

Have ta admit words get to me, not knacker etc as for my family thats not historicly correct. But faggot really stings me. Guess itjust reflects somethin I havnt overcome yet. Someday!
Back to top Go down
gayandafraid
Sarog
Sarog

Offensive words! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offensive words!   Offensive words! EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 10:02 am

Pavees do a lott of talkin, names an shouts. Mostly defensiv shite so i put it down to lack of insightt too. Even if its sad that we dont support1another better. Im more ofended by a settled person callin names tho as they don have to put up with what we do an should no better. Not an excuse for either tho
Back to top Go down
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

Offensive words! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offensive words!   Offensive words! EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 12:25 pm

all trvallers have a big gob, and r very vocal tends to be , its defensive as u suggest, and that aint no suprise seeing wot we have to put up with. If ur main experience is of ppl u dont know giving u hassle if they approcah ya, well, u r gonna be defensive naturally.
Back to top Go down
Guiney
Sroidʹan lask
Sroidʹan lask
Guiney

Offensive words! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offensive words!   Offensive words! EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 4:59 pm

So true! Tho the word handicap irks me most Iv a few cuzs with specal needs an comments like that REALLY get to me
Back to top Go down
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

Offensive words! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offensive words!   Offensive words! EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 1:02 pm

Pikey?

Gyppo?

Trailer Trash?
Back to top Go down
Guiney
Sroidʹan lask
Sroidʹan lask
Guiney

Offensive words! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offensive words!   Offensive words! EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 2:06 pm

Pikey... not a bit. Its a bit of a currupted word about a horse. I love horses and iv im going to b associatd with such beautiful animals no harm :0

Gyppo doesnt effect me as its a really ignorant association. Im not a gysy.

Trailer trash... na i expect som pple watch too much american tv lol
Back to top Go down
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

Offensive words! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offensive words!   Offensive words! EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 3:39 pm

i toldub4im a mix of gypsy, i dont suppose u r having a go at gypsys r ya, and yer point 3, ur not having a go at me r ya?? u sayin i watch american tv all day lol

This is supposed to be a support aint it??
Back to top Go down
Guiney
Sroidʹan lask
Sroidʹan lask
Guiney

Offensive words! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offensive words!   Offensive words! EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 4:49 pm

Woawh!r u serious? Of course this is a support group. I wasnt talkin abut u but about how i see the words.
Calin me a gypsy dosnt effct me at all as im not (evn tho the word, like the african americn term niggr is v wrong just calin me it dont directly offend me ya no?)
I thought traler trash was an american term as iv only ever herd it on tv. No offense ment. If i have feel free to message me
Back to top Go down
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

Offensive words! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offensive words!   Offensive words! EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 5:02 pm

im in england london

if a non traveller calls someone a pikey, thats very very offensive here

but travellers here call ecah other pikeys and its a laff and thats acepted

In england, a non traveller calling u a gypo is deemed offensive big time, total insult

as for trailer trash, a non traveller callin a travellin here in england trailer trash wont last 1 minute

a number plate for a vehicle recently got banned for being P1 KEY true story

i guess me summary is that it depends on where ya live that makes saomething offensive? dont know 100 per cent
Back to top Go down
moniker
Sroidʹan lask
Sroidʹan lask
moniker

Offensive words! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offensive words!   Offensive words! EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 5:26 pm

Great topic! Im sur lots have a part to play. Who u are. Wher ur from. Family. The way ya look at life etc
Back to top Go down
princess22
Sarog
Sarog
princess22

Offensive words! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offensive words!   Offensive words! EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 2:03 pm

I think other peoples ignorence and words of hate effect us all on some level. We can choose to let it wound us or fuel a fire of a deeper understanding.
Back to top Go down
Jmcdonagh
Sarog
Sarog

Offensive words! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offensive words!   Offensive words! EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 1:18 pm

think being calld names by one of my own cuts deepr. kinda expectin it from people who dnt understand me but when its my own. feckin hurts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Offensive words! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offensive words!   Offensive words! Empty

Back to top Go down

Offensive words!
Page 1 of 1