LGBT Pavee Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LGBT Pavee Support Group

A forum for LGBTQ members of the Irish Travelling and Roma Community, those that support there right of expression and wish to construct a way to mediate between the community, culture and sexual identity.Feel free to chat, commune, seek and give advice.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

thought i would say hi

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ruff diamond

thought i would say hi Empty
PostSubject: thought i would say hi   thought i would say hi EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 3:15 pm

Just came across this site, I think its a great idea. My father is an irish traveller that met my mother when still married. I think in a lot of ways I have had it harder than most, not really fitting in and being fully accepted by either side, I honestly wouldn't want to think what would happen to me if I told anyone I was gay and either side of my family finding out, let's just say it wouldn't be a disney film ending. Anyways I am thirty and living in north london.
Back to top Go down
A Wandering Minstrel
G'al
G'al
A Wandering Minstrel

PostSubject: Re: thought i would say hi   thought i would say hi EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 6:52 am

You are very welcome to the Forum. It's a place where many LGBT Travellers who struggle to find a place for themselves can be fully accepted. There are occasional gatherings - all in Dublin or Galway to date - no one is obliged to attend, though all members are welcome. I've had the pleasure of meeting several members from here and developing lasting friendships. We've marched in Pride Parades in Dublin and Galway with our banner for two years running and had a great time at a camp (lol, the ghost stories are legendary - though I missed them by going to bed early at 3am).

There is an increasing awareness of LGBT Pavee issues through this Forum. The conference on Traveller Suicide next Wednesday at Red House, Clonliffe College, will include a workshop on sexuality. There are many people in the straight Traveller community, settled LGBT and straight settled who support what we are doing here.

Sometimes it's not always possible to get support from our families, the important thing is that we know that there are other places we can get it. This Forum is fairly quiet at times but the members' stories here speak for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Hanu Fein
Admin
Hanu Fein

PostSubject: Re: thought i would say hi   thought i would say hi EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi there!

Awesome to have you onboard - your not alone in the difficult situation but thankfully some support and friendship can open up the world to some pretty beautiful experiences Smile
Back to top Go down
https://gaypavee.forumotion.net
dvpn
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: thought i would say hi   thought i would say hi EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:26 pm

i came across this site too, hoping to meet travellers and talk offline...

sadly those that i have given my private number to have turned out to be time wasters. be careful. xxx
Back to top Go down
Hanu Fein
Admin
Hanu Fein

PostSubject: Re: thought i would say hi   thought i would say hi EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 2:50 pm

Time wasters is very much depending on the goal persuaded. Some are her to share, others just to hold the space in the journey of their own self acceptance. People are always and indeed encouraged to connect as they feel free too, but I so hope that contact here and lines of pursuit are ones of mutual care and support.

Smile
Back to top Go down
https://gaypavee.forumotion.net
dvpn
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: thought i would say hi   thought i would say hi EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 5:37 am

yes, mutual care and support are very important issues to me and to everyone else i hope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thought i would say hi   thought i would say hi Empty

Back to top Go down

thought i would say hi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LGBT Pavee Support Group :: Red (Life)-
Jump to: