LGBT Pavee Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LGBT Pavee Support Group

A forum for LGBTQ members of the Irish Travelling and Roma Community, those that support there right of expression and wish to construct a way to mediate between the community, culture and sexual identity.Feel free to chat, commune, seek and give advice.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Goddess Epona

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lumos de Fortuno

The Goddess Epona Empty
PostSubject: The Goddess Epona   The Goddess Epona EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:15 pm

Its kind of neat how over a decade before I found out I had Pavee ancestry I was really drawn to the Goddess Epona. For those of you who don't know, Epona was the mother goddess of the Irish, she usually appears in the form of a white mare and is said to have given birth to all of the people of Ireland and all the horse of the world and that the Pavee were her special beloved children. Anybody here into Witta, neopaganism or anything else other than christianity?
Back to top Go down
Hanu Fein
Admin
Hanu Fein

The Goddess Epona Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Goddess Epona   The Goddess Epona EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 11:42 am

As far as I am aware though Epona would be more of a Gallo-Roman deity and was protector of horses, rather then a horse herself. The sigil and totomistic projections of her image is usually seen as her sign rather then her embodiment, but then again with a primary animistic culture its very debatable.

I did not know this though (I'm a lover of lore) and was not aware of Epona being a creator goddess or having claim to the Pavee in the creation mythos. Any decent links/references? Might be worth a read as there is some very questionable sources on the net these days.

Not sure about "into" but there is a lot of spiritual diversity in the community these days Smile
Back to top Go down
https://gaypavee.forumotion.net

The Goddess Epona
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LGBT Pavee Support Group :: Purple (Spirit)-
Jump to: