LGBT Pavee Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LGBT Pavee Support Group

A forum for LGBTQ members of the Irish Travelling and Roma Community, those that support there right of expression and wish to construct a way to mediate between the community, culture and sexual identity.Feel free to chat, commune, seek and give advice.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Come walk with us in Dublin Pride

Go down 
+4
A Wandering Minstrel
1of-dem
Karavan_casey
Hanu Fein
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Hanu Fein
Admin
Hanu Fein

Come walk with us in Dublin Pride Empty
PostSubject: Come walk with us in Dublin Pride   Come walk with us in Dublin Pride EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Hey All!

This is an open invitation to join us and the supporters of the Irish
Traveller Movement as we walk the Dublin Pride Parade on Saturday 26th
of June (Saturday next)

The kick-off is at 2pm from the Garden of Remembrance, Parnell Square
and will take over the streets right down to the Party in the Park at
the Civic Offices near Christchurch Cathedral.

The invitation is open to all, regardless of orientation or community,
admission is totally free, no tickets required - just turn up!

The opportunity to walk with the parade is nothing less then a
powerful act of social solidarity and a welcoming support of diversity
within our own community. ill definitely be there...what about you?

:-)
Back to top Go down
https://gaypavee.forumotion.net
Karavan_casey
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: Come walk with us in Dublin Pride   Come walk with us in Dublin Pride EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 5:17 pm

Im no sure ill walk with you all, even if tis just anyone regardless of sexuality but ill be there. I just promised myself ill be there. Cheering you all on x
Back to top Go down
1of-dem
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: Come walk with us in Dublin Pride   Come walk with us in Dublin Pride EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 8:52 pm

i dunno really about headin yet,,,prob will tho,,doubt ill be marching tho.,not into that really,.,.,.,

should be fun,.,
Back to top Go down
A Wandering Minstrel
G'al
G'al
A Wandering Minstrel

PostSubject: Re: Come walk with us in Dublin Pride   Come walk with us in Dublin Pride EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 1:39 am

I'll be there. I'm delighted to show public solidarity with the group and it's great to know others will be there whether marching alongside or sending positive energy from near or far. I really like marching in Pride though I've not done it for a few years. It's a great fun queer ol' day. Can we do Galway Pride as a group too?
Back to top Go down
Jonnie
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: Come walk with us in Dublin Pride   Come walk with us in Dublin Pride EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:49 am

I'm very excited about this!!!

1of-dem, marching isn't for everyone but its not really to do with sexuality is it, more about true equality. Seeing as the ITM themselves will be marching with the group showing every unnamed traveller out there that they are not alone, without support or recognition. That's an extremely powerful action to take and you cant imagine what it means for someone in my situation.

I plan to be there especially as its not just lgbt travellers but people in general so I don't mind at all about blending in. I think id rather let people know im okay with them being who they are, with the support of others then off getting lushed in some pub (which would most likely be what id be doing haha)

I hope you join us.

Galway pride would be great too! Lets all see how dub treats us and we can use it as a rule of thumb not sure what the mods think about that idea tho.
Back to top Go down
PaveePrince
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: Come walk with us in Dublin Pride   Come walk with us in Dublin Pride EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:27 pm

definatly gonna an there, really lookin forward to joinin in and meetin up with ye all again. Go for a pint afterwards? Should be a great day!
Back to top Go down
Hanu Fein
Admin
Hanu Fein

PostSubject: Re: Come walk with us in Dublin Pride   Come walk with us in Dublin Pride EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:39 am

Excellent! Ill be around for a while after Smile

Anyone got any good slogans, or want to create one to capture the event?
Back to top Go down
https://gaypavee.forumotion.net
Jonnie
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: Come walk with us in Dublin Pride   Come walk with us in Dublin Pride EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 5:21 pm

What about:

Equality... for all.
We are family too.

Seeing as were walking with ITM:

ITM supports LGBT rights.

Anyone got any more... looking forward to this even though ill be in the crowd. People who know me plese do say hello tho as I dont want anyone to feel knowing someone whos gay is wrong. I got a complicated life and children but i dont want people ignored.

C ye sat!
Back to top Go down
A Wandering Minstrel
G'al
G'al
A Wandering Minstrel

PostSubject: Re: Come walk with us in Dublin Pride   Come walk with us in Dublin Pride EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 12:26 am

They're great Jonnie. Enjoy the crowd.

Equality... for all, we are family too.

ITM Supports LGBT rights!

See you there I hope.
Back to top Go down
A Wandering Minstrel
G'al
G'al
A Wandering Minstrel

PostSubject: Re: Come walk with us in Dublin Pride   Come walk with us in Dublin Pride EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 7:41 pm

We did it!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Karavan_casey
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: Come walk with us in Dublin Pride   Come walk with us in Dublin Pride EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 10:07 am

I was there and okay I only walked 12 feet with you (i counted my steps) it meant and means so much. Its a pity I paniced as a special friend of mine from this forum was there, proud, beautiful and strong. Like jonnie said. It matters. You truely are giants x
Back to top Go down
A Wandering Minstrel
G'al
G'al
A Wandering Minstrel

PostSubject: Re: Come walk with us in Dublin Pride   Come walk with us in Dublin Pride EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 5:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weYpmb_BjgM

We are there in living colour from about 56 sec til 1.01. History in the making
Back to top Go down
Karavan_casey
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: Come walk with us in Dublin Pride   Come walk with us in Dublin Pride EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 2:16 am

FUN! read online that lgbt pavee won the spirit of pride award last night (along with lgbt labour) looks like we were noticed
Back to top Go down
ulysses

ulysses

PostSubject: Re: Come walk with us in Dublin Pride   Come walk with us in Dublin Pride EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:41 am

I'm proud of everyone here that marched,it looked like great fun.I've never been in a Pride march myself,but it inspires me to see so many people involved.
Back to top Go down
Jmcdonagh
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: Come walk with us in Dublin Pride   Come walk with us in Dublin Pride EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:25 pm

Well done everyone!
Back to top Go down
A Wandering Minstrel
G'al
G'al
A Wandering Minstrel

PostSubject: Re: Come walk with us in Dublin Pride   Come walk with us in Dublin Pride EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:06 pm

Hey Karavan_Casey can you post the link so we can see it. I've not been able to find reference to it online. scratch

Our first public stand! We're brilliant!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Come walk with us in Dublin Pride   Come walk with us in Dublin Pride Empty

Back to top Go down

Come walk with us in Dublin Pride
Page 1 of 1