LGBT Pavee Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LGBT Pavee Support Group

A forum for LGBTQ members of the Irish Travelling and Roma Community, those that support there right of expression and wish to construct a way to mediate between the community, culture and sexual identity.Feel free to chat, commune, seek and give advice.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Should I move

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Karavan_casey
Sarog
Sarog

Should I move Empty
PostSubject: Should I move   Should I move EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 11:19 am

Should I move?

At the moment I'm still a little bit reliant of the folks but need to spread my own wings a bit and find my feet with who I am. I've being saving up for the last five years towards enough money to fund gender reassignment and I'm itchy to get this started. I have gone to a psychologist for a couple of years privately (though had to stop a while back with collage needs) so I know what I'm getting myself into.

I have the opportunity in the new year to move collage and go to the other side of the country I'm so tempted but don't know if I can do it. I want to try living out who I really am in my own environment but I'm terrified of being found out or left lonely.

Right now I doubt the community is any where near ready to accept a transgender member and worried that where ill move to wont be overly open to accepting one either. Never mind also being a traveller. Which is one thing that although I don't shout from the roof tops wont in any way hide. I hide enough of who I am so I need to keep that honesty.

I'm not asking for anyone to make my choice for me (lol) but this is really stressing me out so I'm just wondering what would you do?
Back to top Go down
gayandafraid
Sarog
Sarog

Should I move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I move   Should I move EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 4:17 pm

If your gona do the change and fair play!!! an dont feel comfortable where ya are then it might be worth considerin movin. Personaly id suggest ya continue until you graduate and then ya have the freedom of a good career potential to help ya on to better things Smile

You can always tho face up to the fear and trust in those ya love by takin it step by step through colalge and the whole process as i doubt once its over that youl not want to see your family again and be with them. Such a tricky situation to be in but one you can definetly guide your way forward with!
Back to top Go down
itsasecret
Sarog
Sarog

Should I move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I move   Should I move EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 3:12 am

sent you a pm. casey you sound like on brave person!
Back to top Go down
Karavan_casey
Sarog
Sarog

Should I move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I move   Should I move EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 5:29 pm

thanks guys! Im still gonna finish collage and iv everything packed – i move out tues. The family as you all know are unaware so im not sure if i will go through it all okay but its better then living a lie. I ant to stay around as you have all being of amazing help and i think id never of made the changes without you all.

Heres hoping it all goes well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Should I move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I move   Should I move Empty

Back to top Go down

Should I move
Page 1 of 1