LGBT Pavee Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LGBT Pavee Support Group

A forum for LGBTQ members of the Irish Travelling and Roma Community, those that support there right of expression and wish to construct a way to mediate between the community, culture and sexual identity.Feel free to chat, commune, seek and give advice.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

help needed in transformation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

help needed in transformation Empty
PostSubject: help needed in transformation   help needed in transformation EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:24 pm

hi

this is a bit sensetive but i need yer help

i been sent a msge not from someone on this site but i think its in gaelic maybe

and i wud like a transformation of the language to english

it may be a bit saucy but dya know wot this means?

This is a genuine request ok. Im Irish roots english gypsy and i dont know gelic but i know some. So if any of this is rude please transfrom into acceptable if u know wot i mean

please transform wot this all means

1. gel on down to the ava-chove

2. cop the feen

3. wood the gammom ?
Back to top Go down
Yadneverguess
Sarog
Sarog
Yadneverguess

PostSubject: Re: help needed in transformation   help needed in transformation EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:42 pm

Thats not gaelic its cant (or Shelta - travellers own langage)
Cop the fein - look at the man.
Wood the gammon - is when ya ask someone to talk in cant/ kant/ shelta.
The last one could of bein geels on down in dha avacho meanin family is down in the hospital. Hope this helps. Be sur to ask paddyindublin or the admin both deeply study the langage
Back to top Go down
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

PostSubject: Re: help needed in transformation   help needed in transformation EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:48 pm

thank u very much

cop the fien i worked out, but thanks for the others
Back to top Go down
Yadneverguess
Sarog
Sarog
Yadneverguess

PostSubject: Re: help needed in transformation   help needed in transformation EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:53 pm

Anytime. Suprised ya ddnt know cant. Real cant dosnt hav english in it but wev mixd the langags for years! Dude get on to peopl toteach u. Its important
Back to top Go down
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

PostSubject: Re: help needed in transformation   help needed in transformation EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

like ive already said, i understand some of it, but not all of it, hence my post for help

i appreciate u answering some of my post, but dont appreciate been making a fool of for asking for help
Back to top Go down
Yadneverguess
Sarog
Sarog
Yadneverguess

PostSubject: Re: help needed in transformation   help needed in transformation EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 5:32 pm

That wasnt making a fool out of you. I said you were welcome and that im suprised u didnt get the rest as ur obviously from ur posts vry pro culture. sugestin u learn somethin u may not b very up to date on (as u did get the name wrong an it wasnt a sausy thing at all) doesnt mean ur an idiot it means i care enought to want u to no the langage. which is a huge part of who we are...
This is a support group an our opinions may not alwaws match but no need to b so sharp and defensive. Glad that I nevr the less helpd.
Back to top Go down
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

PostSubject: Re: help needed in transformation   help needed in transformation EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 6:05 pm

all i was saying was thanks for answering my post but i thought it a shme u derided me for not knowing the answers. I wish u all the best m8, no hard feelings on my side
Back to top Go down
Yadneverguess
Sarog
Sarog
Yadneverguess

PostSubject: Re: help needed in transformation   help needed in transformation EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 6:12 pm

Great. Its also a shame that you took the suggestin to learn somethin as an insult. anyways im leavin this topic alone now.
Back to top Go down
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

PostSubject: Re: help needed in transformation   help needed in transformation EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 6:15 pm

all i was saying was thanks for answering my post but i thought it a shme u derided me for not knowing the answers. I wish u all the best m8, no hard feelings on my side
Back to top Go down
Jmcdonagh
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: help needed in transformation   help needed in transformation EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:07 pm

We shuld do this more! Use the langage when we can. Forget the secrecy we need 2 kep it alive first!
Back to top Go down
moniker
Sroidʹan lask
Sroidʹan lask
moniker

PostSubject: Re: help needed in transformation   help needed in transformation EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:23 pm

I 2nd that!
Back to top Go down
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

PostSubject: Re: help needed in transformation   help needed in transformation EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:26 pm

Deffo JMC!

I knew it was cant but i gets me words mixed up all the time, i ment to say cant not gaelic. I use cant a bit as anyone can see in me posts sometimes and certainly in private messages sent, i do me best. I read an article today that said a lot of the youngters dont know it and thats a concern for the older generations apparently.

I also got me words mixed up and i now know i meant translate and not transformation

That was the reason for my post, as u suggest, i thought it wud be great to use it more, forget the secrecy aspect of the language maybe!
Back to top Go down
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

PostSubject: Re: help needed in transformation   help needed in transformation EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:57 pm

so who on this site speaks fluent Cant?
Back to top Go down
moniker
Sroidʹan lask
Sroidʹan lask
moniker

PostSubject: Re: help needed in transformation   help needed in transformation EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 3:05 pm

What i no the administratr hanu fien here and paddyindublin r v fluent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help needed in transformation   help needed in transformation Empty

Back to top Go down

help needed in transformation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LGBT Pavee Support Group :: Red (Life)-
Jump to: