LGBT Pavee Support Group

A forum for LGBTQ members of the Irish Travelling and Roma Community, those that support there right of expression and wish to construct a way to mediate between the community, culture and sexual identity.Feel free to chat, commune, seek and give advice.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Depression

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Yadneverguess
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Depression   Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:56 am

Just wonderin does anyone else here suffer from depression? i think its easier talking about this on the internet then in person with people.

I think we all know about tha gay traveller that killed himself a while back. kinda scared me a bt as its a lott of pressure to take. expected to get married or stay quite. i mean i could get married 2 and have kids but fk what a terrible life. sayin that though i know some who seem to of done that (well... not known but ya cant help but think they are)

So... does anyone ever hve it?
How did ya cope?
Do you like me not talk about it in person to people?
Do ya hate it when people say snap out of it?
What do ya think we could do to feel better?

geek
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1of-dem
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: Depression   Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:00 am

hi yadneverguess,,
i cant believe no one else has left a comment or even tried to discuss this topic.
i myself suffer from depression and have so since was 15,,ten years btw lol..
its a totally NORMAL and COMMON ailment within the gay community.
my depression is more of a chemical imbalance in serotonin,,a hormone secreted to make you feel happy. so i go through bouts of sheer happiness and back down to pure sadness..

as a writer i have noticed some things, i write really really well when i am on a HIGH and happy day, but as soon as i sleep i wake up depressed..

i have absolutely no problem with admittng i have depression to anyone, because i know that the worst thng you can do is keep it to yourself..i definately recommend talking to someone if your depressed. remember the toughest man n the world cannot defeat depression on his own..

still cant believe no one took up this topic with you,,extremely important issue..

hope your well yadneverguess..
take care

peace
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yadneverguess
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: Depression   Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:24 am

Thanks. The guys behind the site contactd me straight away and made sure i got in to talk to who i needed to. They seem to leave posts open for everyone making sure people get to answer Long journey but its good to have it started. much lighter heart and head now. guess some of the other members avoid it like i used to different when it happens to you tho. Your right tho we need to talk about this more. Why do you think you write better? im not where i want to be. gettin thehr tho
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1of-dem
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: Depression   Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:31 am

im glad someone tslked to you from the site, good to know action was taken..
ya talkng is the only way forward. for me i go through stages of mania,,highs and lows,,but to the extremes..when im hgh write great comical stories,,when im down i write sad and tragic stories..some of my poems are purely fictional but the gold some emotions i get from when im low...im glad your feeling better and its great your on track,,if ya ever wana chat when your low,,dont hesitate to contact me,or any member of the moderators.

peace
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yadneverguess
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: Depression   Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:09 am

thanks might take ya up on the offer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
micheal3b
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: Depression   Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:32 am

what your talking about i under stand it very much i do suffer very much my self
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.michealm955@gmail.com
1of-dem
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: Depression   Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:43 am

im sure everyone here is in aggreement about depression.,its a serious thing,.,and yadneverguess,,your more than welcome anytime.,.that goes for anyone guys,,dont suffer in silence,.,
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karavan_casey
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: Depression   Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:38 am

This is so true! how do you handle yours? it seems v common with our comunity, not a surprise with its oppression and sometimes obsession with feeling strong or at least acting it. not always a place to share whats going on inside
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1of-dem
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: Depression   Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:43 am

well for me it was going on medication for 6 months at a time. i tried to whole healthier lifestyle, natural release of seotonin through excercise lark..but as the doctor said to me, you cant run a car on water, when its low on petrol..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karavan_casey
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: Depression   Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:07 am

Sounds true! Like you i go on for a few months though cant stay on them too long as they help me get by but switch me off from handling the problem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guiney
Sroidʹan lask
Sroidʹan lask

PostSubject: Re: Depression   Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:11 am

Havin a few problems at the momment and wonderin has anyone any tecniques or ideas to cope with it beyond the usual? My best friend swears that meditation and paintin helps majorly shes a happy woman sn might give it a try. Any good examples to work with? wish i could do poetry like many of u as it seems to help
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: Depression   Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:14 pm

dont be ashamed to go to the doctors anyone, prozac helped me a lot. there is no shame in it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Depression   

Back to top Go down

Depression
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1