LGBT Pavee Support Group

A forum for LGBTQ members of the Irish Travelling and Roma Community, those that support there right of expression and wish to construct a way to mediate between the community, culture and sexual identity.Feel free to chat, commune, seek and give advice.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

English / Irish

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: English / Irish    Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:02 pm

Im mainly English but friends with Irish Travellers here where I live around London. Is it in the past that English and Irish dont mix? Even the Irish kids around here have a English Accent, at least for first few sentences lol, i feel that times r changing as its all ways been the way we dont mix. meself, i never had a problem mixing. by the way i realise theres nothin gay about this post
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: English / Irish    Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:41 pm

I think my point is, it seems that english travellers and irish travellers mix a lot more nowadays than in the past, does anyone agree or is there a divide, wud be interested to hear any other views.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaveePrince
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: English / Irish    Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:29 am

hey london, i think it's a great step forward for the english born and raised and irish travellers to be mingeling more, surely there'll be less conflict in the long run. At the end of the day were all the same and face the same problems, were seen by people fom the wider community as travellers or gypsy's on a flat level without a scense of difference due to where we were born it's about time we see ourself's as equil too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: English / Irish    Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:40 pm

thats exactly wot i think too, never undertood the divide, tbh, here, irish travellers are treated much worse than us, i guess the daily mail is to blame / media, as i know more irish than english lol and get on better with irish, i never had a problem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: English / Irish    

Back to top Go down

English / Irish
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1