LGBT Pavee Support Group

A forum for LGBTQ members of the Irish Travelling and Roma Community, those that support there right of expression and wish to construct a way to mediate between the community, culture and sexual identity.Feel free to chat, commune, seek and give advice.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Just sayin hello to the Forum Members.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ulysses

PostSubject: Just sayin hello to the Forum Members.   Thu May 13, 2010 7:08 pm

Just a post to say Hello and introduce myself.I'm not a Traveller myself,but I am gay and have an interest in old Irish and Traveller traditions and lore and think they are parts of Irish culture that should be recognised and preserved.So thats what got me to register on here.Anyway,I've read a lot of whats posted on the site and think its great,and I can actually recognise some of the beliefs and lore in the other sections that resonates with stuff passed down in my own family backround.

Anyway,glad to support this forum as a gay man and fellow Irishman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gayandafraid
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: Just sayin hello to the Forum Members.   Sat May 15, 2010 3:44 am

great to hear! think some 4get our traditions are irish ones if not held onto or used diferently were losin a lot tho which is a shame. nice to have you hear!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ulysses

PostSubject: Re: Just sayin hello to the Forum Members.   Sat May 15, 2010 3:06 pm

Thanks for the reply.There are very few in Ireland who still keep in touch with older traditions,so its nice to see a community that keeps the past alive in the modern world.I'm no expert in Irish traditions,but all through the education system I have been taught about traditions and beliefs outside of Ireland and not once was Travellers culture presented or shown as part of our own history,which I think is wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1of-dem
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: Just sayin hello to the Forum Members.   Sat May 15, 2010 8:37 pm

welcome to the forum,,look forward to getting to know you flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karavan_casey
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: Just sayin hello to the Forum Members.   Sat May 29, 2010 12:37 pm

Welcome to you! Great to hear of your interest as our mutual histories share far more then we usualy realise Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just sayin hello to the Forum Members.   

Back to top Go down

Just sayin hello to the Forum Members.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1