LGBT Pavee Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LGBT Pavee Support Group

A forum for LGBTQ members of the Irish Travelling and Roma Community, those that support there right of expression and wish to construct a way to mediate between the community, culture and sexual identity.Feel free to chat, commune, seek and give advice.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

camping( in tents not hot pants lol)

Go down 
+2
Hanu Fein
1of-dem
6 posters
AuthorMessage
1of-dem
G'al
G'al

camping( in tents not hot pants lol) Empty
PostSubject: camping( in tents not hot pants lol)   camping( in tents not hot pants lol) EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:12 pm

just putting it out there,,would anyone be up for doing some kinda camping weekend,,or even a night,..or are people still not in the meeting others stage...just a thought,,great summer were having like.,., afro
Back to top Go down
Hanu Fein
Admin
Hanu Fein

PostSubject: Re: camping( in tents not hot pants lol)   camping( in tents not hot pants lol) EmptyWed May 12, 2010 3:58 pm

The original group did this last year... It was fantastic! In bnoth reconnecting with the roots as well as just having a total laugh - I'd be up for it again cheers
Back to top Go down
https://gaypavee.forumotion.net
PaveePrince
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: camping( in tents not hot pants lol)   camping( in tents not hot pants lol) EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:06 am

Definatly, count me in!
Back to top Go down
A Wandering Minstrel
G'al
G'al
A Wandering Minstrel

PostSubject: Re: camping( in tents not hot pants lol)   camping( in tents not hot pants lol) EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:04 am

Sounds good. I'd be in to it. The warmer the weather the better. I like the theory of camping but the practice of being cold is not so fun. I guess I'd be in good company to be taught a thing or two!!
Back to top Go down
1of-dem
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: camping( in tents not hot pants lol)   camping( in tents not hot pants lol) EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:14 pm

ok sorry i didnt get back to those that are interested..
i think its a great way to get out in the open and to be around like minded people. everything is much more natural than just a half heard half remembered night out in a club. lets get as many involved in the idea before we commit to a date and place...but sure even if there are only four of us it would be a great laugh i think. but i do warn ya.,i do a mean version of come by ya lol,.,.,i hope people get interested,.,hanu- - what did the first group get up to on your outing., ??

transport shouldnt be a prob, car pooling can work too......
Back to top Go down
Hanu Fein
Admin
Hanu Fein

PostSubject: Re: camping( in tents not hot pants lol)   camping( in tents not hot pants lol) EmptyTue May 18, 2010 1:42 am

Terrific! Last time we opted for a random beach side spot (although a scited camping area would of had more amenities) and had two nights of badly cooked food, dark tea, hourse song, cheap beer, memories, herb lore, far too many money spiders, an open fire, tales of yester year and a hell of a lot of fun :-) I got home sun eve a bit rough and rugged but increadibly content.
Back to top Go down
Jonnie
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: camping( in tents not hot pants lol)   camping( in tents not hot pants lol) EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:30 pm

Id love this!!
Back to top Go down
A Wandering Minstrel
G'al
G'al
A Wandering Minstrel

PostSubject: Re: camping( in tents not hot pants lol)   camping( in tents not hot pants lol) EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 8:42 am

How about a date for camping? We got five takers so far and a few others considering it I'm sure. I'm practicing this weekend. Ah the joys of waking sweltering in a tent and listening to the birds. It takes me back... I've a few ideas for more comforts - a gas bottle would be nice for a cuppa in the morning.

So while the great summer is upon us shall we make plans for July?? A weekend might be a good idea for the workers amongst us.
Back to top Go down
Hanu Fein
Admin
Hanu Fein

PostSubject: Re: camping( in tents not hot pants lol)   camping( in tents not hot pants lol) EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 3:25 pm

Thanks Minstrel - I was meanign to reply!

My main contenders are the 16th and 23rd of july - and there weekend.

What does everyone else think?

I've a pretty full camping gear set these days (small gas tanks/stoves can be boungt in argos - such a time saver - though a camp fire at night is golden. I'm thinking a trip out conemmarra side or somewhere? Re-electing the normadic rights of freedom and pitching a tent where the will takes us.

Hope your weekend was wonderful!
Back to top Go down
1of-dem
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: camping( in tents not hot pants lol)   camping( in tents not hot pants lol) EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 5:41 pm

listen guys im easy,,not that way hanu,, lol,.,.but seriously,.,pick a date and im game,.,
Back to top Go down
A Wandering Minstrel
G'al
G'al
A Wandering Minstrel

PostSubject: Re: camping( in tents not hot pants lol)   camping( in tents not hot pants lol) EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 11:30 am

The sooner the better so we get the longer days. Ah, the dawn chorus this morning was glorious in the tent. Packing it up was the hard part. The ceiling will be difficult tonight.
Back to top Go down
1of-dem
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: camping( in tents not hot pants lol)   camping( in tents not hot pants lol) EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 12:01 pm

i hear ya minstrel, id like to do some camping near a river if at all possible. i love to go eel poking(long tradition of eel poking within my family) and maybe a bit of trout fishing too,.would make a great evening bite of food.

i think mid july is the best time to aim for in regards to camping..

can we have a cyber show of hands so as to who might be interested....
Back to top Go down
Hanu Fein
Admin
Hanu Fein

PostSubject: Re: camping( in tents not hot pants lol)   camping( in tents not hot pants lol) EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 12:09 pm

Definetly in Smile

I think Mid july would be a terrific time
Back to top Go down
1of-dem
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: camping( in tents not hot pants lol)   camping( in tents not hot pants lol) EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 12:11 pm

i think the same hanu. perfect weather wise too,.,this july is promised to be fine..

how about we hash out some ideas as to a possible location...
Back to top Go down
A Wandering Minstrel
G'al
G'al
A Wandering Minstrel

PostSubject: Re: camping( in tents not hot pants lol)   camping( in tents not hot pants lol) EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 8:21 am

A message from 1of-dem (as dictated to AWM) ...

For anyone interested in the camping trip. Please get in touch with any of the moderators if you want go along as I wont be near my computer as it's fu&%ing broken.

For all those that do come along it promises to be a great experience. I suggested the camp because it's fun, and it's a good exercise of team building. We are a community within a community and it is extremely important that each of our members have at least met some others from the group. This weekend should bring those participants that go, closer together.

You can't have a proper support mechanicsm in place if you haven't built the team first.
Back to top Go down
PaveePrince
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: camping( in tents not hot pants lol)   camping( in tents not hot pants lol) EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 5:54 am

Really looking forward to this camping, already replaced me toilet roll for DocLeaves just for the practise (strangly they can look so muck like nettles, BIG Mistake).
Back to top Go down
Hanu Fein
Admin
Hanu Fein

PostSubject: Re: camping( in tents not hot pants lol)   camping( in tents not hot pants lol) EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 4:14 pm

Lol, that's very back to nature Smile

What's everyone bringing?

I don't have my actually list with me (ill rummage it out later) but from my memory:

3 prs Socks
3 ps undershorts
2 "Good" tee shirts
2 Thick woolly irish weather approved jumpers
2 insulating t-shits
some extra dont-die-at-night clothing
2 pr Jeans.
Shirts, short sleeve polo, 3
Extra pr. of shoes (ill see if i can beat in a pair of wellies)
A decent sweatshirt
A drawstring laundry bag
A belt if I'm not wearing one
Wash cloth
"Baseball cap" For sun and bug protection
Rain coat
Rain hat
My shaving kit (though ill probably not be shaving... nothing like the primal roar in the morning and a I-survive-off-twigs looks to pull ya though)
Wipes (gawd essential for so many reasons)
Some good predeparture food.
Few tins
Tin opener
Pot
Cup
Knife
Tent
Sleeping bag
Matches
Lamp
Got a bottle of home made elderberry wine if anyone is up for a testing. Ill probably ahve a glass so the rest is for taking Smile

I'm sure I've forgotten a few things but I managed to beat everything into the backpack and side bag last time I went.

I think the current plan is to re-elect the nomadic rights and pick a spot that calls out to us on Fri... looking forward to it!

What are you bringing?
Back to top Go down
Hanu Fein
Admin
Hanu Fein

PostSubject: Re: camping( in tents not hot pants lol)   camping( in tents not hot pants lol) EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:27 pm

Hey guys!

Was thinking over the practical side of picking a spot in connemas by view – it might be difficult to gauge common land within walking distance from some back up amenities.

So we have the option:

Head off, roam about and hope for a good spot or we can choose from the sited spots (and have to go without a campfire... which I think will be more then a shame) most registered camping sites cost 24 – 30 euro pair plot.

Here's three decent ones I found in the Galway area:

http://www.renvylebeachcaravanpark.com
http://www.clifdencamping.com
www.connemaracaravans.com

What does everyone think?
H
Back to top Go down
princess22
Sarog
Sarog
princess22

PostSubject: Re: camping( in tents not hot pants lol)   camping( in tents not hot pants lol) EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 2:50 pm

This sounds like an amazing idea! Really getting back to the roots Smile
Back to top Go down
1of-dem
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: camping( in tents not hot pants lol)   camping( in tents not hot pants lol) EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 6:24 am

well the wine was flowing and the songs were being thrown out faster than one of me unces out of a pub.,.the camping weekend was absolute great craic.. to all thos who came, thanks for being great company, and especially minstrel our firestarter....

hopefully our next camping trip will have a few more members along,.,.,

peace king
Back to top Go down
A Wandering Minstrel
G'al
G'al
A Wandering Minstrel

PostSubject: Re: camping( in tents not hot pants lol)   camping( in tents not hot pants lol) EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 9:24 am

It was a lovely camping trip. There were a lot of things flowing - conversations, creative juices (we've agreed on a banner design in time for Galway Pride), good will and fine foods. We lit candles for absent members on Saturday night. You were in our thoughts.
Back to top Go down
PaveePrince
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: camping( in tents not hot pants lol)   camping( in tents not hot pants lol) EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 12:54 pm

had a fantastic weekend, love the new banner already and look forward to putting it together and bringing it down the street in Pride Galway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: camping( in tents not hot pants lol)   camping( in tents not hot pants lol) Empty

Back to top Go down

camping( in tents not hot pants lol)
Page 1 of 1