LGBT Pavee Support Group

A forum for LGBTQ members of the Irish Travelling and Roma Community, those that support there right of expression and wish to construct a way to mediate between the community, culture and sexual identity.Feel free to chat, commune, seek and give advice.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Fix a broken heart

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
itsasecret
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Fix a broken heart   Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:02 am

I told ye all before about that guy I was kinda seeing. The thread is here:

http://gaypavee.forumotion.net/orange-healing-f5/gay-or-just-there-t107.htm

Well he split up and we got together never officaly tho as we bth avoided the subject but spend most of our free time together and stuff. Anyways we went our seperate ways yesterday when he got back with that girl. i feel gutted. Some friends asked me today what was wrong and i couldn't even tell them.

Anyone got any ways to mend a broken heart?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaveePrince
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: Fix a broken heart   Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:27 am

i.m really sorry it didn't work out. I hear the best cure for a broken heart is chocolate and a soppy dvd Smile. I like the sayin "whats for you won't pass you" and believe it too be true, so it might not all seem ok rite now but something great is just around the corner
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paddyindublin
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: Fix a broken heart   Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:31 pm

Totally agree prince! What you need right now is comfort, relaxation and the knowledge that your not only not alone but that this feeling will pass. Be sure not to try out the getting over one man by getting under another, it might have its moment of ease but trust me it costs you. With any heart ache your going to be as sensitive so treat yourself with that thought in mind.

I think at one stage or another most people have being there in life and as Prince said someone great is undoubtedly just around the corner Smile

Paddy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1of-dem
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: Fix a broken heart   Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:55 pm

break ups are horrible, and what your going through now will pass..

a way i have of getting over emotional pain is writing it down,,,poem or just a piece about how you feel right now.

keep it for yourself or share with your peers here..expressing your emotions is deffo a good step to recovery..

whatever you decide to do, try to remember,

you spend years cathing trout before you catch a salmon,,

ehh, that might be a bit lesbianistic lol,,,joking(no offence lesbians, just a bad inuendo joke )lol]

,,but you catch my drift...

friends are here for ya..and mr right is not far from ya..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hanu Fein
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fix a broken heart   Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Great advice guys!

All I can add to the above is to give yourselves time apart. While this may not be even an issue, it is often the next step in regaining a sense of self after a break up.

I say this because we often grow emotionally dependant on another and when a steady contact remains it can prevent the fresh wounds from healing.

I think we all lose a bit of our own identity/independence in a relationship, even one with unspoken boundaries. We all too often end up losing touch with people outside of it too. Right now it would be worth your heart to gather around a network of friends, make new ones, start developing new interests that you enjoy.

As you continue to live in and identify yourself in a past relationship, you will forever be thinking 'what if', better to get out into the world again, moving on is difficult, and a challenge we all encounter at one stage or another, but as Prince and Paddy said, who knows what or whom is around your next corner...

Feel free to use us as a sounding board mr, as after all we are here for one another Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gaypavee.forumotion.net
gayandafraid
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: Fix a broken heart   Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:18 am

How are you feeling now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guiney
Sroidʹan lask
Sroidʹan lask