LGBT Pavee Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LGBT Pavee Support Group

A forum for LGBTQ members of the Irish Travelling and Roma Community, those that support there right of expression and wish to construct a way to mediate between the community, culture and sexual identity.Feel free to chat, commune, seek and give advice.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to handle a family situation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Yadneverguess
Sarog
Sarog
Yadneverguess

How to handle a family situation Empty
PostSubject: How to handle a family situation   How to handle a family situation EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:02 am

Just looking for yer advice.

My older sister and myself used to really really get on an we were really close for years but in the last while wev startd to move apart. Mostly because whenever its tv, radio or somene in the road that she thinks is gay or is a bit feminine she goes through the whole homophobic comments thing.

Im not out and i dont think i ever want to be but can any1 suggest any ways of handling this that wont show me up for being gay and hofully help her see gay people arent any diff then any1 else.

Its realy starting to effect me as out fo them all we used to be the closest. I dont lve at home anymor so when ever i see her it realy takes the niceness of gettin home as the last 4 tmes its happened. Part of me is also afraid she knows and is talkin this way coz she disproves.

What would you do?
Back to top Go down
moniker
Sroidʹan lask
Sroidʹan lask
moniker

How to handle a family situation Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to handle a family situation   How to handle a family situation EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 8:33 am

Sounds awful. Though id reckon if shes always going on about the same thing there is something up. She could eb annoyed at ya for being gay. Not telling her. Dissapionted that you ahvent said it or just worried about ya and using the whole scare thing to try to encourage ya to live the life were expected ta.

Id try to focus on other things. Send a few texts off now and then about something ye both have in common. Flood the conversation with stuff about her so at the very least itl be a diffrent topic and ye can get started on mendin those bridges.

Who knows whats going on or whats coming for ye r the family but at the very least yal have the understandin that regardless of all that homophobic shite yer still family and she obviously loves ya
Back to top Go down

How to handle a family situation
Page 1 of 1