LGBT Pavee Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LGBT Pavee Support Group

A forum for LGBTQ members of the Irish Travelling and Roma Community, those that support there right of expression and wish to construct a way to mediate between the community, culture and sexual identity.Feel free to chat, commune, seek and give advice.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Meeting Confirmation

Go down 
+2
A Wandering Minstrel
PaveePrince
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PaveePrince
G'al
G'al

Meeting Confirmation Empty
PostSubject: Meeting Confirmation   Meeting Confirmation EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 6:21 am

Hi guy's, just to remind ye all that the meeting is tomorrow (sat 30th- jan) at 4pm

please refer to your inbox message i sent for location and directions and inbox me if ye have more questions.

Really looking forward too meeting ye all
Back to top Go down
A Wandering Minstrel
G'al
G'al
A Wandering Minstrel

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Confirmation   Meeting Confirmation EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 4:16 pm

I'll b along about 5 if that suits.

I know u quaire Pavees hav business that shouldn’t always include me, as a country person.

I think preservin LGBTT-Pavee control/space in the group is important.

I really want 2 meet members though & I'm really excited about tmoro.

If anyone has prob with me there I'm happy to discuss it.

I don't share all of ur common experiences, I think it's important for you to experience the group without me, or other country people or non-LGBTT Pavee in it.

I want to meet you because I believe that solidarity between groups is important.
I want to meet you because I’m blown away by the honest communications on the Forum.

Regards AWM
Back to top Go down
Guiney
Sroidʹan lask
Sroidʹan lask
Guiney

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Confirmation   Meeting Confirmation EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 2:41 pm

just wasnt my time. hope ye all had a great time tho
Back to top Go down
PaveePrince
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Confirmation   Meeting Confirmation EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 9:14 am

the first traveller lgbt meetin was brilliant, couldn't have asked for more and was so proud to be part of it. Was amazin too meet wanderin misteral (who is always welcome and a fantastic interesting woman) and hanu fein who travelled hours to get here as did our belfast friends who's pride in their identity was awe inspiring. Those who couldnt turn up i accept had their reasons and understand it's easier for some than others to make a massive leap in comin along. Next meetin is scheduled for mid march and will post details like the last time too your inbox.
Back to top Go down
Karavan_casey
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Confirmation   Meeting Confirmation EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 12:39 pm

well done to everyone that went and i hope its real encouragement for those that havent. i made myself promise that id go to one of these. not yet ready but on the way!
Back to top Go down
Muscles

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Confirmation   Meeting Confirmation EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:27 am

gud to hear! take it no1 got flittered then?
Back to top Go down
Jonnie
Sarog
Sarog

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Confirmation   Meeting Confirmation EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:26 am

no muscles didnt hear of any barnies either LOL
Casey would be great to meet you there too sme day really enjoying gettin to know ya on msn and stuff an never really realsed what life would be like for a transg. traveller.

well done to everyone lets aim for a higher number each tme!
Back to top Go down
A Wandering Minstrel
G'al
G'al
A Wandering Minstrel

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Confirmation   Meeting Confirmation EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:16 pm

It's really exciting to be meeting again. I'm pleased that more members will be along as the ones I met last time were lovely. Once again, I'll sit out the first hour so that a LGBT Traveller-only space is available. You are the reason for this site and I support you meeting alone. If there are no objections then I'll join the meeting after the hour or later if need be.

I think solidarity is important and I think it's also important to debate issues of concern. The Forum is open to LGBT Pavee and friends of LBGT Pavee and that's what I consider myself to be - a friend. I hope the space is as open as possible to all LGBT Travellers. If the presence of settled people or straight Travellers causes problems we'll need to address that. It's quite OK to have differences of opinion obviously. The Forum meeting is an opportunity to debate and work out how we can work together.

I hope everyone has a good sleep and as many people as are willing get along tomorrow to dip their toes in the water or plunge right in. The group is there to encourage and support you and make sure no one slips under. If you need particular help in attending - meeting before hand etc, be brave and ask. If you're not able to go this time don't worry, a seat will be kept for you for when you are ready.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting Confirmation   Meeting Confirmation Empty

Back to top Go down

Meeting Confirmation
Page 1 of 1