LGBT Pavee Support Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LGBT Pavee Support Group

A forum for LGBTQ members of the Irish Travelling and Roma Community, those that support there right of expression and wish to construct a way to mediate between the community, culture and sexual identity.Feel free to chat, commune, seek and give advice.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Moving to a halting site as a single gay man

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

Moving to a halting site as a single gay man Empty
PostSubject: Moving to a halting site as a single gay man   Moving to a halting site as a single gay man EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 3:30 pm

Ive just replied thru the council for a permanent pitch on a site just outside London.

No way can i arrive as a gay traveller cos i know the site already, lots of families etc and im just not gonna out meself there full stop

Most me times im on the road either by meself or with family relatives but i feel i need to base meself permanants on a site for a while

I just dont know of the best way to arrive on the site as just me. Shud a get another trailer for me pitch, i think ill be aloud 3 to make it more like a family

i really need practical ideas on how to live on this site as im im wintering over now and hope to move to the site soon but i cant come out. wot is the reaction gonna be. im also worried about me trailer as it will be empty durin the day when i go out workin. i been told there is only 2 real traveller pitches out of 15, the rest r gorjas im told.
Back to top Go down
PaveePrince
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: Moving to a halting site as a single gay man   Moving to a halting site as a single gay man EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 9:08 am

am maybe if ya buy a blow up doll and pretend she's a real woman, yeah that'd work and throw her through the window on the night ya move in so people will be stayin out of your way coz your a rowdy man that beats the wife. hmm second thoughts not sure that will work. all's gonna be great i bet, be positive about how it's gonna go and you'll attract a possitive expierence. It's all the Power of Attraction Embarassed
Back to top Go down
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

PostSubject: Re: Moving to a halting site as a single gay man   Moving to a halting site as a single gay man EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 2:15 pm

hmmm yeh maybe ha ha

where i am they keep the english gypsises from the irish travellers, and dont even count showmen, tends to keep em all seperate

my trouble is im a bit of english / irish / showman lol

and u think u got it bad????!!!!! LOL

well me true story is that i was with a woman, im half not talking too all me family etc, just have to see hpw it goes wont i no other way
Back to top Go down
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

PostSubject: Re: Moving to a halting site as a single gay man   Moving to a halting site as a single gay man EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 2:24 pm

wot i think i was saying was i dont just belong to irish, or english, or settled, or showman. so thanks yer lucky stars u aint in my position! But i jest, im alrite, i do mix between em, just takes more work somtines
Back to top Go down
PaveePrince
G'al
G'al

PostSubject: Re: Moving to a halting site as a single gay man   Moving to a halting site as a single gay man EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 5:33 am

oh that does sound like a delima Sad , ya should just move to ireland, will let ya camp out in my back yard Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hanu Fein
Admin
Hanu Fein

PostSubject: Re: Moving to a halting site as a single gay man   Moving to a halting site as a single gay man EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 2:35 pm

LOL lovin the advice!

Being from many lineages and not having a definite community to belong to does though offer up the potential to mix with them all (not that being a Traveller limits us to our own community alone).

Its certainly a delemma – but holding in mind the dynamics in play do you need to come out?

While it can in itself be very liberating to have the freedom of self expres​sion(as we must always be wary of offering up false causes not to move forward) personal safety however must always come first.

Unless your bringing someone home with you, there might not be a direct issue – for all their unknowing eyes may tell them is that your single Smile
Back to top Go down
https://gaypavee.forumotion.net
LondonTraveller
G'al
G'al
LondonTraveller

PostSubject: Re: Moving to a halting site as a single gay man   Moving to a halting site as a single gay man EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 1:39 pm

well yeh i think ill do that n not come out

i just been classed as irish traveller as u cant be a mixture for the forms filling out and all that

so theres only one site near here for irish travellers so i hope thats where ill go altho its gonna be er interstin lol

no doubt im relatred to current travellers on site somewhere

i seen there are a few single fellas on nearby sites but they r english gypsies and they keep them apart from irish travellers site.
Back to top Go down
moniker
Sroidʹan lask
Sroidʹan lask
moniker

PostSubject: Re: Moving to a halting site as a single gay man   Moving to a halting site as a single gay man EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 5:23 pm

ya the old gypsis and pavess nevr really go on did they and saly that kinda continues we each stay a bit to our own but lucky you havin both. if it comes up again in forms tick both and write a small bit about why as its great to honour both of who ya are Smile i hope yav a bay by now as the weathers gettin tough. god the old people must of being as hard!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moving to a halting site as a single gay man   Moving to a halting site as a single gay man Empty

Back to top Go down

Moving to a halting site as a single gay man
Page 1 of 1